Accidental Damage Legal Explanation
Terms of Waiver
As an enrollee under this plan, staying at a property
("the Property") rented to you by Rentcottage.com a division
of Interactive Vacation Rentals Inc ("the Company"), you will
not be obligated to pay, subject to the conditions referred
to below, for damage to covered real or personal property
of the owner of the property that is occupied by you the Enrollee.
If the Enrollee purchases this plan, the Company waives the
right to charge the Enrollee for theft or damages to the property
as a result of your inadvertent acts or omission during the
duration of the Stay.
The maximum limit of this waiver of liability is $3000 aggregate per stay.
The Accidental Damage Protection plan has certain conditions. The plan will not waive your liability for damage or theft resulting from:
- Acts of God, as a result of fire, flood, or other natural disasters(this clause is applicable to cottage owners only);
- Intentional Acts, and omissions by a Enrollee and/or their guests. When the consequences to the Property could have been foreseen by a reasonable person including additional cleaning and/or maintenance resulting from abuse and/or neglect.
- Gross Negligence which, for the purposes of This Agreement, shall be defined as an act by a Enrollee and/or their guests in reckless or willful disregard as to the consequences to the Property including loss or damage by animal; *
- Any cause, if the Enrollee does not report the damage immediately to Company staff prior to checking out of the cottage;
- Normal wear and tear (this clause is applicable to cottage owners only);
- Future loss of rental income* (this clause is applicable to cottage owners only);
- Coverage does not apply for theft or damage of any property owned by or brought on to the premises by an Enrollee.
*In The event of loss or damage to the vacation accommodation caused by such acts or omissions by Enrollees and/or their invitee's, you will be entirely liable for such damages. Any of the aforementioned issues or damages may be debited from the credit card submitted by you to the Company.
All registered guests shown on the property rental agreement, who have elected to purchase the Accidental Damage Protection plan and have paid the required plan cost.
The stay at a vacation home from the date of Enrollee check-in to the date of check-out.
All waivers of theft or damage will be administered by Company staff at the property. Such staff will have the sole authority to determine the nature and extent of damages, necessary repairs and eligibility for the waiver of liability described herein. The Enrollee must report in writing any theft or damage to the unit or its contents to staff by the time of checkout or any otherwise applicable damage waiver for such Enrollee will be void. The Company manager has ultimate claim administration authority. In the event of any dispute relating to this waiver the Company may require such dispute be submitted to binding arbitration.
TERMS OF COVERAGE
he plan takes effect upon check in or registration on the booked arrival date to a vacation home together with payment of the plan cost before check-in.
All coverage shall terminate upon normal check out time or the departure of the Enrollee, whichever occurs first.
PROTECTION PLAN FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
IMPORTANT NOTE: Payments for the Accidental Damage Protection plan will not be accepted after the guest has entered the unit for the beginning of their stay.
IF YOU ACCEPT THIS PROTECTION PLAN, THIS DOCUMENT BECOMES PART OF AND IS ATTACHED TO THE LEASE AGREEMENT