Main Living Area
Main Living Area
Other Side of Family Room
View from Upstairs
Guest Cabin and Games Room
View from Cottage Deck
Sunroom At Cottage
Large Cottage Yard
Note: Many of the pictures on this web page have been
taken using a 16 mm wide angle lens. We use this lens to show as much detail
as possible in each of the rooms of the cottage.This makes the rooms seem
larger than they really are.
The internet service provided at this cottage is for e-mail communications and casual browsing only. Please do not download movies or stream videos, music or games. Excess data usage will result in an additional charge.
Please Note: The water levels in Ontario have been fluctuating in recent years. Therefore, some of the photographs of shorelines/beaches on this website may not fully reflect current waterfront conditions.
RUSSET HILL HOUSE
EXPERIENCE the peace and privacy of this well hidden retreat on 100 acres of wooded,
RELAX in the modern, wood-lined home, snuggle beside the woodstove in the winter or
catch a breeze on the decks or screened porch in warmer weather.
EXPLORE the trails of Russet Hill thoughout all four seasons.
FAMILY AND FRIENDS - base your vacation from here! It is just fifteen minutes to Georgian Bay and Owen Sound,
and only 40 minutes to Collingwood and the Beaver Valley. The Bruce Trail, cycling
routes and birding hotspots are just around the corner. There is generous lock-up
space for your sports equipment.
GROUPS AND ASSOCIATIONS - the building complex offers a variety of configurations to host your group
retreat. The main activities building (30 x 32') or the games cabin (22 x 22')
provide a log cabin feel, for gatherings or activities. The screened summer room or open decks work well for smaller get-togethers.
LAYOUT of the RUSSET HILL'S BUILDING COMPLEX: The main floor of the house has two bedrooms - one bedroom has a queen bed and the other offers two singles - a three-piece
bathroom with a shower, and there is an open plan kitchen/dining/living area with a woodstove. From here,
you may access the open deck and summer room. On the deck is a gas BBQ and
seating for al fresco dining. The screened summer room has comfy seating around
a woodstove and a table for 'almost outside' eating.
The lower floor has one bedroom - with two singles - a three-piece bathroom with a shower, and a
living room with a gas fireplace and a TV and DVD player. This level is the main arrival area with room to organize comings and goings. Here also is the laundry equipment - a washer and dryer for your convenience.
The loft looks out over the living room and is the fourth bedroom of the house.
It has 2 single beds, and privacy offered by the collection of antique quilts over
the railings - a charming space!
| || |
- Drinking Water: Well Water
- Dwelling Type: Two storey
- Cottage Size: 1860 sq ft plus 960 sq ft (activities cabin), plus 485 sq ft (billiards cabin) plus 300 sq ft (sleeping cabin)
- Number of Bedrooms: 4 + Sleep cabin
(4 in the winter as sleep cabin not available)
- Beds: 1 queen, 6 singles plus sleep cabin has 1 double
bed and 1 single
- Number of Baths: 2 three-piece bathrooms each with shower
- Wireless Highspeed Lite Internet
- DVD player
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Washer
- Clothes Dryer
- Wood Burning Stove x 2
- Gas Fireplace
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Screened In Porch
- Propane BBQ - (N/A in the winter)
- Huge Games Room in Separate Building
- Patio Furniture (patio table, chairs, picnic table) -
(N/A in the winter)
- Maximum number of people: 10 people in total with a maximum
of 8 adults. (Max 8 people in winter)
- Individuals 16 years of age or older count as adults
- Pets are not permitted.
- No Telephone
- Smoking not permitted inside or outside of the cottage
- Sleep cabin, BBQ and patio furniture not available in the winters.
- Linens and Towels are supplied
- Renters are responsible to leave the cottage clean at
the end of the rental period