Snowshoeing Down the Trail
South Deck In Fall
Rec Room Downstairs
Rec Room Downstairs
The Master Bedroom
The Fossil Room
The Lookout Room
The Beaches Room
The Nautical Room
The Driftwood Room
The Driftwood Room
An All Season Cottage
Quiet, Peacful, and Cozy In Winter
Under The Oak Tree
Kids At Beach
Snorkeling On the Shoreline
View From Beach Lookout
Painting the Deck with Water
Outdoor Deck at Night
Trail to Beach
View Of Grounds From Deck
Fire Pit Area
Note: Many of the pictures on this web page have been
taken using a 16 mm wide angle lens. We use this lens to show as much detail
as possible in each of the rooms of the cottage.This makes the rooms seem
larger than they really are.
Please Note: The water levels in Ontario have been fluctuating in recent years. Therefore, some of the photographs of shorelines/beaches on this website may not fully reflect current waterfront conditions.
The sand beaches of Southern Lake Huron are just a stroll away from this
grand 6 bedroom, year round cottage. Located in a cottage community just
30km northeast of Sarnia, this cottage offers the best of both worlds.
It's big, bright windows and surrounding abundance of trees showcase the
unique beauty of all four seasons. Your family can spend a relaxing day
at the beach; spend a weekend golfing; enjoy winter sports at the Pinery;
snowshoe in the fresh snow from the back door; or head to Point Edward
and watch the ships go under the Blue Water Bridge.
There are two driveways for this cottage. From the top level drive at the front of the cottage you can enter the grand foyer of the cottage. This is a bright, roomy entrance with an arched ceiling and columns.
The foyer opens onto the main living area on the upper level of the cottage , known as the " Living Room" where you will find a centrally located, double sided gas fireplace opening also into the Great Room. There are skylights in this main living space that brighten up the area and make it an ideal place to sit and read by natural light while enjoying the warmth of the sun and fireplace. The lighting is beautiful here, sunlight streams in by day and also provides
beautiful indirect lighting at night. The night stars in the sky are beautiful
on the deck or by the fire.
The kitchen and dining area are also on this level to the left of the foyer. The kitchen is large and spacious with a central island with cook top and breakfast bar and offers lots of counter space for food preparation. It is well equipped with fridge, stove, cook top, oven, microwave and dishwasher for your convenience. The dining area at one end of the Great Room is bright and roomy and has a large dining table to accommodate your family. There is also a spacious separate dining room to the left of the foyer.
To the right of the foyer and down a short hallway you will find the master bedroom which is furnished with a queen sized bed. Adjoining the master bedroom (1) is the spacious ensuite bathroom with corner soaker tub, shower, toilet and sink. You can also access this bathroom from the main living area.
The remaining 5 bedrooms are accessed by descending the stairs to the
lower level. Each of these bedrooms has its own unique name and style.
The Nautical Room (5) has a set of single over double bunks, and a single
bed. The Lookout Room (3) has a unique window seat and is furnished with
a queen sized bed. There is also a Fossil Room (2) that gets its name
from the collection of fossils in the room. It is furnished with a set
of single over double bunks as well as a double bed. The Beaches Room
(4) is furnished with a queen sized bed. The final bedroom (6), called
The Driftwood, has a double bed as well as a set of single bunkbeds. There
is also a 3 piece bathroom with shower, toilet and sink.
At the bottom of the stairs the "Family Room" is a great sitting
area with bar and table. Perfect for relaxing and family conversation
or playing board games at the table. On the other side of the staircase
is the "Rec Room" with childrens toys and shuffleboard table perfect for family
tournaments.There is also a queen sofa bed in the Rec Room. This is a tech-free cottage where you can escape from the
world without interruptions.
There is also a second driveway on the lower level with lots of room to park your vehicles. The first thing you notice when you approach the cottage from the lower level driveway is the large number of windows on the face of the cottage. You will also notice the multiple levels of decks on both sides of the cottage that offer lots of unique outdoor living space including a "Summer Room" tucked under the upper deck on the north side of the cottage. Here you will find a bar with cook top and sink and comfortable seating where you can enjoy a warm summer's evening or take shelter from a warm summer's rain. The larger main deck features a new shade canopy that is easily retractable to provide your choice of sun or shade.
There is a patio on the property as well where you can sit around the fire pit and talk about your day while roasting marshmallows. You can enter the cottage on this side of the house either from the garage or you can ascend the stairs to the first level deck where you will find another entrance.
There are lots of activities in the area to keep your family entertained.
Take your bikes (or ride them) to Bright's Grove and enjoy a bike ride
along the shore. There is excellent golfing nearby at one of the many
local courses including Sawmill Creek Golf Resort, Bright's Grove Golf
Club or the Huron Oaks Golf and Country Club. The nearby Forest Golf Club
on 102 Main Street South in Forest offers a free golf game for kids 16
and under when golfing with an adult.
Visit Forest Glen Herb Farm to purchase specialty
teas, vinegars, jams and jellies, as well as herb plants and dried flower arrangements. The kids will love the free petting farm
at Canatara Park and for a quick change from cottage life you can head
to Sarnia where you will find lots of boutiques, fine restaurants, and
If you enjoy summer theatre or year round musical events, you will
be close to three worth while venues: Victoria Playhouse, The Imperial
Theatre and Huron County Playhouse.
Check out the website www.ontbluecoast.com to explore all there is to see and do in Ontario's Blue Coast from wine tasting to outdoor adventure to the arts.
|PROXIMITY TO POINTS OF INTEREST:
- Bright's Grove 12km
- Forest 17 km
- Sarnia 30km
- Starbucks 23 km
- Golf Course 5 km
- Grand Bend 48 km
- Hospital: Bluewater Health, Sarnia 30km
- Beaches; There are three “Blue Flag” beaches nearby if you want to visit other great beaches in the area: Canatara Beach, Bayfield Beach, and Grand Bend beach. “Blue Flag” is a world-renowned eco-label that’s only awarded when beaches meet a set of stringent criteria, including excellent bathing water quality, With only a handful of Blue Flag beaches in Ontario, three of them are close by!
- The Pinery Provincial Park for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and skating - 36km
- The Pinery Antique Flea Market – about 25 minutes
- Blue Water Bridge, Point Edward 29km
- Forest Glen Herb Farm 12km
- Java and Scoops – great little coffee shop in Forest - about 12 minutes
- Boat Launch: Highland Glen 6.5km
- Biking and Hiking Trail: Bright's Grove Waterfront Trail 12km
- Gallery in the Grove: Bright's Grove 12km
- Canatara Park, Animal Farm 29km
- Korny Korners Adventure Farm – petting farm, go-karts, mini putt, picnic area, and more – about 20 minutes
- Victoria Playhouse , Petrolia 25km
- Huron County Playhouse, Grand Bend 48 km
- Canatara Bike Park: Great for Kids 29 km
- Alton Farms Estate Winery – wine, events, dining and gifts www.altonfarmsestatewinery.com
- Judith & Norman Alix Art Gallery www.jnaag.ca - about 25 minutes
- Twin Pines Orchards and Cider House – garden walk, picnic area, secret garden, waterfall, pick your own apples, organic produce – about 25 minutes
- Zekveld’s Garden Market – 11 minutes
- For "Things happening in the area" please take a look at https://www.ontbluecoast.com
|CHILD SAFETY ISSUES:|
There are lots of very high decks on this property although railings are good and maintained. Please be aware of this.
|RENTAL START DATES:
Weekly rentals run from Friday at 4:30 pm to the following Friday
at 11:30 am.
Three stars out of Five. There are cottages on either side of the cottage with some privacy. Elevated decks are very private. Lots of trees
Cottage is just 25 feet from a short trail down to Camlachie Beach.
There is a set of stairs that takes you down to the beautiful sandy beach. Camlachie beach faces west and has great sunsets. Camlachie has a sandy shoreline. This makes a great place to wander along the shore and explore for miles and miles.
You can have beach campfires on this beach.
It's a great place to collect fossils, interesting rocks and often driftwood.
Cottage not designed for wheelchair access
No docking facilities on site. There is a boat launch at Highland Glen 6.5km away. Large Marina at Sarnia 28 km away.
Partial Sunsets from Deck Area
- Drinking Water: Municipal
- Two storey
- 3500 sq ft
- Patio Size: 1200 square feet
- Number of Bedrooms: 6
- Beds: 3 Queen Beds, 2 Double Beds, 2 Sets of Bunkbeds with
a single over a double, 1 Single Bed, 1 set of Single Bunkbeds and 1
Pull out Queen Sofa Bed,
- Number of Baths: 2; one 4 piece with soaker tub; one 3 piece
- Separate Freezer
- Cental Air Conditioning
- CD Player
- Ceiling Fans
- Gas Fireplace
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Firewood for Fire Pit
- 2 Adult and 4 Children's Bicycles
- Life Jackets ( 4 adult 4 children )
- Stand Up Paddle Board with Paddle
- 2 Sit on top Kayaks
- Jogging Stroller
- Beach Toys
- Bocce Ball
- Small soccer net & ball for kids
- Kiddie Splash Pool
- Badminton Racquets
- 2 Tennis Racquets
- Baby Playpen
- Baby High Chair ( 2 )
- Board Games
- Clothes Washer
- Clothes Dryer
- Clothes Line
- Natural Gas BBQ
- Patio Furniture ( patio table ( 2 ) 8 chairs at each , umbrella , picnic table, 2 loungers, Hammock, 4 folding beach chairs)
- Maximum number of people: 10 adults
- Individuals 16 years of age or older count as adults
- Pets Not Permitted
- No TV
- Smoking not permitted in cottage
- Smoking is not permitted outside the cottage
- Bidet in washroom is not for renters use
- Linens and Towels are not supplied
- Cleaning Service is available for a fee of $150 speak to a reservationist at time of booking.
- Renters are responsible to leave the cottage clean at
the end of the rental period